Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Client"

A new post I thought, would be the best way to release my pent up frustration. Being an attorney is mostly an interesting and entertaining job, but the downfall is the clients, or more fondly referred to as - the supporters of my bi-weekly pay checks. Well, one such client really got under my skin. I telephoned this "client" to let him know he needs to deliver or make available his evidence for the upcoming mini trial. For some background info on this case, It has been in existence through trial continuances for about 2 years, hence it should come as no surprise to the "client" that he/she must come up with evidence for his/her side.

So, here I am the ever dutiful not so experienced attorney calling "client" to say please drop off evidence ASAP for upcoming hearing. In return I get yelled at and accused of all kinds of things by not only the "client" but the wife of the "client." "Client" was that really necessary? "Client" I am your advocate. I am on your side. Please don't berate your champion of your legal woes.

No comments: